Steamed Mussels




I’m all about low-fuss, easy entertaining recipes like these steamed mussels. It comes together in a matter of minutes and it can all be prepared in one pan.


I used my 31/2 quart sauté pan that’s part of the KitchenAid® Tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware 10-piece set. As I mentioned in this post, these pans are my latest wonder tools. Their sturdy tri-ply construction means no warping and no hot spots. And when it comes to the stainless steel finish, it has a nearly nonstick feel to it, which makes cleaning a cinch. Along with all that, I love the the glass top. It gives me a quick at-a-glance monitoring, especially important when steaming mussels or anything else for that matter.


Speaking of these mussels, check out the recipe! You totally got this. It takes only minutes to make and it’s always impressive. You can serve it with some good crusty bread or throw in some pasta for sustenance. Time usually dictates what I serve it with. Regardless of which one I go with, I like that my new good looking and well performing pan can go from stovetop to table.
Yay to less dishes and easy entertaining recipes like this!

Steamed Mussels


Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 large shallots, chopped
  • 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons anchovy paste
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
  • 1 cups dry white wine
  • 1/2 cups clam juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 lbs mussels, cleaned
  • 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
  • red peppers
  • lemon wedges


Read More: Steamed Mussels

Post a Comment

0 Comments